The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card is an industry best rewards card launched by Citibank. After reading through the fine print about this product, I am very happy to say that this card have lots of features than any similar card in the market. some of the major benefits are, it don’t have any annual fee. It offers 0% introductory APR (Annual Percentage Rate) on purchases and balance transfers, and also rewards you when you spend on the card. You will receive 20,000 bonus points (worth $200 in gift cards) after making $700 in purchases within the first 3 months! A great deal right?
Subscriber of Citi ThankYou Preferred Card would earn 5 ThankYou Points for every $1 you spend on purchases at gas stations, supermarkets and drugstores for 12 months; and 1 point for every $1 you spend thereafter and for all other purchases. It don’t have any expiration and no limit on the number of points you can earn.
Some additional points can be achieved through, receiving anniversary bonus every year, through enrolling account online and signing up for paperless statements, shopping through thank you bonus center, a network of 600+ retailers you know and love.Here is a more detailed review of the front and back of the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card and its features.
Major Features of The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card are, but not limited to,:
– $50 gift card – When you redeem the 6,000 bonus ThankYou® Points received after $300 in purchases within 3 months of account opening.
– 0% Intro APR (Annual Percentage Rate) on Purchases and Balance Transfers for 15 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-20.99% based on creditworthiness*
– 5 ThankYou Points for every $1 you spend on purchases at gas stations, supermarkets and drugstores for 12 months and 1 point for every $1 you spend thereafter**
– No expiration and no limit on the points you can earn
– Redeem ThankYou Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
– No annual fee*
Earning Additional Points
– Additional Points: Earn 5 ThankYou Points for every $1 you spend on purchases at gas stations, supermarkets and drugstores during the first 12 months and 1 point for every $1 you spend thereafter and on all other purchases.
– Other Bonus: $50 gift card – Redeem 6,000 bonus points after $300 in purchases within 3 months of account opening
– Additional Perks: $0 liability on unauthorized purchases. Various Internet account related services. Identity theft solutions. Price protection program. Optional personal photo on card. Fraud and security protection services. Lost and stolen card reporting. Emergency cash replacement. Emergency card replacement. Automatic bill payments. Year-end financial statement (upon request). Auto rental insurance. Various travel and emergency assistance services. Medical referral services. Legal referral services. Lost luggage assistance. Discounts on auto rentals. See website for additional benefits.
Fee Structure – The most lucrative part
– Annual Fee: $0
– Cash Advance Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
– Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
– Late Payment Fee: Up to $35
The Citi ThankYou Preferred Card is quite a remarkable card as it has a pretty good rewards system through the Citi ThankYou network, as well as having 7 months of 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. As a signing bonus, you get to earn 20,000 bonus points when you make $700 in purchases within the first 3 months, which you can use to redeem for a $200 gift card. As a cardmember, you can also get exclusive access to concerts, restaurants, sporting events and more with the Citi Private Pass. So if you are someone who likes entertainment and dining out, this is something you will appreciate having.
So if you prefer to have a rewards card with no annual fee and have 7 months of 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers, you should go for this Citi ThankYou Preferred Card.