This is the second part of ‘Highly Effective Interview Guide’ as the continuation of previous. Here, we are dealing with the technical approach to an interview to grab enormous success with each interview that you attend. This article specially focused to the required resume features and hacks.
Photo By: KrishnanD
Rule #5 Technical Approach to Interview and its success – Things to remember1. Curriculum Vitae2. Source of Job Openings/Interview Call3. Technical Interview Preparation4. Pre Research about company5. Your portfolio6. In front of the interview Board7. Post interview8. Most Beautiful and Easy working SolutionI am starting a very precise tool to succeed each and every interview. Follow this, practice then apply to real world… enjoy the wonderful result…
1. Curriculum Vitae
If your CV is an eye candy, you are in half way of the success. Make it well managed. A perfect CV should provide all the required information to a person looking on it. Upon going through your CV, If any employer raises a doubt at any point that he really want and is not there in your CV, mean your CV is not perfect!. Include all the information that any employer required.A good CV should have the content arrangements as follows in most time:
a. Name and Present, Permanent addresses, Telephone Numbers, Email, Mobile Number
c. Employment History (Sorting Order: most recent job first….):
1. Company Name 2. Company Profile in very brief (i.e. Multinational IT Services company and global leader in Airline software Industry etc.. etc… ) 3. Your Designation 4. Job Period from 5. Job Period to 6. Company web site 7. Work Description 8. Major Achievements, if any,
d. Skill sets ( Remember to write only the ‘skills’ that you have. Any person who fill this section with various skills that he exactly not aware about, unnecessarily, giving interviewer a chance to ask questions from the area where you don’t have knowledge and thus drop you from being selected. Remember the word “ A drop of poison can contaminate a full bucket of water”)
e. Education and certifications
1. Date of Birth 2. Gender 3. Nationality 4. Name of Father 5. Marital Status 6. Religion 7. Languages Known 8. Hobbies (I am always write the word “Depends” for bobbies. When asking by the interviewer about this, I was trying to convince them because of my duty and job timing I do not have time to manage any hobbies. This is a Trick.
g. Passport Details
(If possible, do not give reference directly to CV unless asked specifically. You can write “Available upon request”. A reference generally mean the name of any previous managers or supervisors to search about you. Reference always expected to give professional contacts. Do not give any personal reference here because the one who asking references is not going to marry you. Always try to give two references and inform the referenced person about it.)That’s it. Make CV impressive with required, correct details and without typos. This is the first set…
2. Sources of openings and interview calls
A. Of course look in all the newspapers (That you are aware. Give ref of post when sending application. Details of paper, date also will do.)B. As a tip, send your resume to the vacancy that’s requirements closely match to your qualification and experience, if you have.
C. Jobsites and social networking sites
3. Technical Interview Preparation
Master trick for technical interview success
1. Be familier with Rule #2 above. Before attending interviews with well reputed companies, as I said with Rule #1, attend interviews with at minimum 10 to 15 small, local companies. (Small, local company means, some companies in yoiur location where sometime your dog even not interested to join with).
2. Clearly point down the questions they are asking. You can make a database of these questions. Find and study answers of these questions. Remember to study all the possible sub questions that can derive from your answers.
Who is the present US president? (This is the Major Question)
Interviewer: What is the full name Obama? (This is a Sub question deriving from your careless answer). You should expect lots of such sub questions. When preparing to answer for a possible question, an intelligent candidate analyze the possible sub questions can expect based on his answer and prepare to face such situations too.Upon completion of the 15th interview, you will have a very good data base of questions. Learn for your next interview with these questions. Find answer for each questions in your data base and identify and learn answers for any possible sub questions from your answers. Upon completing this, you will certainly feel comfort and confidence to attend any interview with any company.This is your starting point for original job search with Big, Excellent companies.
4. Pre-research about the company
As I said with rule #3, before reaching for an interview, a candidate must know all the required about the company. Get the details about their Founder, Year and base country, Business/product type, geographical presence, staff strength, number of offices in the world, last year revenue, stock details, major customers etc. are some of the details, easily available from the web pages of any companyIf you learn all this, you will get a big success with the 100% interview question “ What you know about us? “ (Remember the hidden fact that is, interviewers always like and willing to select a person who are well aware about their company) a. Enough set of CV’s – Should give one CV to each of the personal in the interview board.b. Copies of certificates should arrange well – most recent firstc. Experience certificate should arrange well – recent is in firstd. Enough Photographse. Passport Copiesf. Reference Addresses (if required)g. Plain Papers 5 nos.
h. Two pen
A proper portfolio certainly invites very good impression on you. Details and copies should be accessible immediately upon asking by the interviewer. No need to carry any originals to any interview. Instead of that, you can present attested certificates if asked by interviewers.