Like my blog? Sign-Up for a FREE newsletter! OR Give a ‘Like’ to my FaceBook Page
Most of the times, we end up spending more on auto insurance rather than on ourselves. Insurance policies such as life, home, auto insurance and health are both essential and mandatory. That notwithstanding, auto insurance alone can set you back by hundreds of dollars each year. Premiums on auto insurance depend on factors like where you liver, the risk factor, the make and age of your car, driving records and your age. You get to pay higher insurance if you are style based and choose a super car in the modern model. If you do not have a cover and luck is not on your side, you could get into strenuous financial hazards in the event of an accident or theft. Do not think about canceling your auto insurance policy. Rather, find ways you can have the same coverage for lower fee. You can reduce auto insurance premiums by:
1. Taking time to shop around before auto insurance comes up for renewal. Premiums vary between payment at the offices or by mail and online payment and from one company to another. Therefore, compare prices first and select the association that offers quality coverage. Use online resources to get quotes from distinct providers.
2. Think of increasing your deductibles as it helps lower the premiums payable on auto cover. To do this in a way that will not pinch your pocket, check on your finance to see how much deductibles you can afford.
3. You can also do this by being Eco-Friendly. You should also drive an Eco-Friendly car. There are institutions that give discounts scheme on this insurance to environment conscious individuals.
4. Keeping your mileage low than say 7500 miles a year to qualify for a low-mileage discount. To qualify for this discount, do car-pooling, walking and making use of public means of transport.
5. Not using your own/personal car for business related activities/purposes. This is vehicle that are used for commercial purposes attract immense auto insurance coverage than personal vehicles.
6. Considering policies that cover all the vehicles the family owns. A group policy reduces the rate of premiums, which is very different if one was to take a policy of each car owned by a family member.
7. Considering an auto insurance policy from the same provider, who has health, home and life cover for your family. If a company knows you well, it is likely to cover you at a lower rate than the actual market rate.
8. Upholding a fault free driving documentation for three years you will become entitled to a discount on premiums paid. When you have this, it means that what you pay is considerable lowered.
There are other ways of doing the same. They include lowering accidents rates, living in a community that has low traffic away from the city.
You can also lower you auto insurance cost by following recommendations provided by traffic police and car insurance companies. Activities such as installation of anti-theft devices, air bags, seat belts, and anti-lock brakes make you eligible for discounts on the premiums you pay.
Stop complaining about the high premium ratings. With the above steps, you can easily cut the cost. You therefore need to stop moaning and groaning about these premiums. Make sure that you are up on toes to getting update about changes and new development in the auto insurance sectors.
About the Author: Dylan is a writer who works for various insurance companies for last few years. If you are looking for a cheap car insurance, he recommends CheapCarinsurance.co.za .