We all love to get together and have fun with our friends but sometimes this costs a lot of money. Luckily this does not mean that you have to turn down every invitation or cancel your next social gathering. There are many ways to have fun while pinching pennies.
Dining on a Budget
When we are enjoying time with friends, food is almost always involved. This can sometimes become very costly and for most, a guilty pleasure they soon regret. Ways to avoid this are:
1) Eat before you go out. Even if you go to a restaurant afterwards, you can buy a cheap appetizer or drink and avoid the hefty cost of an entrée.
2) Check out dining deal sites like: Groupon, LivingSocial, or SharingSpree. They’ve become incredibly popular recently for offering great deals on everything from dining opportunities, to extreme adventures and trips.
3) Use gift certificates! The holidays are happening so hopefully you have some spare cash or cards to use out.
4) Use local coupon books that sell through schools and fundraisers. They usually offer buy one get one free options or discounted prices.
Entertainment on a budget
“Having fun” is bound to happen with friends. What better way to have fun then to get out and enjoy some entertainment? Movies are a wonderful option, but can sometimes be very expensive. Ways to avoid this are:
1) Go see a matinee movie after lunch. It is cheaper than an evening showing. 2) Check out discount movie sites like RetailMeNot and CouponCraze. They offer great deals coupon codes for movie vendor sites like Fandango. 3) Go to the library and rent a movie for free. You can watch the film at home on a TV or on your computer.
Enjoy Each Other’s Company
Using the above-mentioned websites and resources makes it fairly easy to have fun with friends while not breaking the bank. However the main part of any time spent together is that you are having fun and enjoying each other’s company. Remember that the memories and relationships you create last longer than any dollar amount.
Aaron Gormley frequently uses badoo to meet new people who also want to enjoy social outings on a budget.