Article written by Sherin Dev; Follow my in Twitter or become a fan in Facebook
Eco friendly life style becoming popular in today’s world. It comes as an unavoidable fact and people not able to avoid. Everybody should learn to become more eco-friendly through practicing all possible ways and like to be in an eco-friendly atmosphere always. There are number of books and article available around us to read and practice eco-friendly lifestyle easily. However, one should clearly know what exactly living eco-friendly means. This short article would tell you the meaning of become eco-friendly and some of the best tips to achieve that goal.
What does “eco-friendly” really mean? Use products and methods that won’t negatively impact the environment with pollution or deplete natural resources. Eco-friendly is also called as environment-friendly, nature friendly, and green. All these words refer to all the things or actions that can cause little or no harm to our environment or to our nature!Living green or being eco-friendly has several benefits. Below are the three major benefits from being eco-friendly; Eco-friendly living practice is good for health of the entire family as they are not using any items than what getting from nature as original, Using products and items from nature help us to save lots of money, Being green or eco-friendly, you are contributing to the nature in your best to become clean and neatI am very special with the focus of personal finance and thus, I love to write on how to save money by become eco-friendly. Below are some of the fantastic tips and ideas to save money and become more eco-friendly.
Water – Fast Moving Costliest Utility in this WorldGet a meter installed. Use recycled water such as water from bath rooms, sinks and showers and store in a tank. Reuse this water to flush toilets and watering gardens. This would help us to save lots of money. Start rain water harvesting in your home itself to receive extra ordinary fresh water from nature. If you have a good storage, one rainy season is sufficient to get water stored for the drinking and cooking purpose for next one year! Imaging the possible savings on such action!
- Never allow your pipes to drip. This would waste lots of water
- Never use running water to wash anything such as vegetables or fruits. Instead, use a bowl to store water and wash such items
- Intelligently use your shower by taking short baths than long. Never allow the shower running freely if you are not under it.
- Never wash your cars with water running hoses. Instead use a bucket and sponge to wash it more perfectly.
- Ensure your water pipes are in perfect condition and there is no leakage at any points. Use high quality pipes to get protected from nature changes.
Waste Management and RecyclingWaste management has ultimate importance to the world of green living. Eco-Friendly people are always against using plastics which cause one of the major factors today to the imbalance of our eco-system. Be always against using plastics. Instead, use eco-friendly materials available in the market frequently. Have a practice of Reduce – Reuse – Recycle 3 R’s.
- Always have recycle bins nearer to you. Never through any items than this bin which later used to recycle whatever coming to it.
- Always buy products that is highly recycle compatible. Say no to use and throw items.
- Always ensure you are purchasing any item that is highly re-usable in one way or another.
- Say goodbye to plastic bag. Use eco-friendly bags like cloth bag or buy a bag that is useful for long time.
- Buy in bulk cut down disposable burdens as well as help you to save lots of money
- Hazardous wastes like asbestos, paints, pesticides, oils or electronic items like fridges etc should not recycle by yourself but, find the firm who do it for you. You may pay little for that but it ensures the item would recycle in a better way than you can do.
- Start composting. You can even have option to buy a compost bin. Items like vegetable extras, egg shells, tea powder etc can put into that to get exceptional compost that can use to your garden or sell for money. Remember to not use items like plastic bags, glass or metal items in it to have better safety.
- When buying new items, it is a best practice asking the retailer on the options of recycling your old items. Some time you may lucky.
Deal with toxic and dangerous items that high in carbonThere are lots of items in our home that is highly against nature. Those items have high carbon emissions and dangerous to the nature. Some of these are aerosols, batteries, car batteries, CD’s and DVD’s, electronic items like computers, drinking cans etc.., should recycled using proper methods. One of the best methods to recycle such item is through contacting the recycling firms in your locality than doing it by self. It cost very less and ensures perfect recycling.
Electricity – Another Costliest Utility
Electricity comes are the costliest utility in the world. More than using units, losing electricity is high due to not having enough care or ignorance. In a green home, solutions for taping the nature for electricity should be identified and applied. Installing solar panels or using wind power are perfect options. More than why to use electricity, people required knowledge on how to use electricity.
- Ensure your home meat all the regulations strictly on electricity
- Always use eco-friendly bulbs like CFLs or led.
- Always have wood is your preferred heating partner
- Ensure all electronic devices are energy efficient and compliant
- Check and confirm insulation are perfect in your home for all seasons
- Provisions for getting sunlight inside the home reduce usage of bulbs in the day time
- Using iron box, water pumps, electric heater, washing machines frequently, would comes with huge electricity bill. Use such items intelligently.
- Ensure all electronic items health checkout periodically to avoid electricity lose.
Cleaning in an Eco-Friendly wayIt is a must to keep clean each and everything in our home always. We majorly use air fresheners, floor cleaners, anti-bacterial cleaners, device and kitchen item cleaners, windows, toilet cleaners, in our home frequently. There are number of chemical items available in the market for all this purposes. To become green or eco-friendly, one should find out the bio items that have no impact to nature and health when using for clean anything in our home.
- Using a good multi-surface cleaner eliminates the use of buying and holding different cleaning items for different purposes.
- Take extra care to not drop chemical, paints, fluids or oils anywhere in the house to avoid usage of chemicals to remove such things later
- Cleaning friends like lemon and baking soda are exceptional than chemicals. Use it.
- Clean all items like pots, refrigerators, dish washers etc.. to avoid using chemicals later to clean it.
Create an Eco friendly GardenA garden is a good idea in each home. If you have enough space, you should have a garden there. If it is a vegetable garden, you are in the way to save lots of money and health by having organic vegetable. It would also helpful to use your compost made in home itself when living eco-friendly. Eco-friendly gardens have lots of features and some of the important features are here:
- Reuse water – Eco-friendly living always required to use little, reuse and reduce. Such home should give preference to retreat water to use it for other purposes. Such water can use to water the garden plants thus ensure maximum usage with no cost.
- No chemicals – Eco garden uses composts that making in the home itself. I have already written the methods to make compost from the possible wastes from a home kitchen.
- Such garden generally uses native plants. This is helpful to save more water as native plants have ability to survive various seasonal changes as it is native!
- Use only organic pest control systems than using chemical. This would avoid the possibilities of vegetables become toxic by chemical use.
- Ensure the garden is water efficient. Make necessary changes to preserve natural water. Water beds are the best option to do such.
- Use the plant wastes to make compost. Have a compost facility near to the garden itself.
- Have facilities to collect rainwater in the garden itself. It is different from rain water harvesting from roof top but using possible methods like separate tanks and barrels.
ConclusionThere are lots and lots of points remaining. Eco friendly living is not at all limited to the above points but each and every action would reflect the same. For an example, making an eco friendly home, using eco-friendly items, taking eco-friendly activities, cooking, facilities inside and outside the home all should be eco-friendly. Visiting to the green organizations websites would provide much more details and its real explanations. However, each of us should practice living eco-friendly in one or another way to respect our nature.