2. SugarSync [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sugarsync/id288491637?mt=8] — everybody loves DropBox, but SugarSync believes they can do even better. With a free 5GB of cloud storage, and now updated with iPhone 5 screen support, you have no reason not to try it.
3. iCMS [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icms/id367396213?mt=8] — telecommuters and BYOD offices alike need secure remote access to content management systems (CMS). iCMS adds features to make working with your old frontend seem limiting.
4. GoDocs [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/godocs-for-ipad-iphone-google/id348792440?mt=8] — if you use Google Docs on iOS, don’t feel disloyal. GoDocs (or Drive, as it’s now called) is an extremely useful suite of cloud-based tools… so use it to its full potential with the GoDocs app.
5. PDFReaderPro [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-reader-pro/id300298606?mt=8] — who doesn’t use pdf? Whether you’re an occasional reader or a full-on writer, PDFReaderPro is not only an excellent all-around file viewer, but THE best solution for working with .pdf documents on your iPhone.
6. OmniFocus [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/omnifocus-for-iphone/id284885288?mt=8] — task management software covers a lot of ground, but OmniFocus hits every feature and then some. With an amazing number of scheduling, communications, and organization functions, it might even replace several of your other apps.
7. Zeptoliner [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zeptoliner-outliner-software/id295032213?mt=8] — okay, so it doesn’t totally replace EverNote, but for intuitive and instant idea productivity, you’ll appreciate the clean outline-based notetaking-and-sharing app.
8. iThoughts [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ithoughts-mindmapping/id294144368?mt=8] — mind-mapping is a critical brainstorming and development tool, and iThoughts does it better than any other app. All you need to do is try it once to appreciate how this app will turn a spark into a strategy.
9. Whiteboard Capture Pro [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whiteboard-capture-pro/id302625335?mt=8] — saving and sharing whiteboard content is essential, and WCP combines photographic capture with presentation sharing in a way that no other app can come close.
10. BeeJiveIM with Push [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beejiveim-with-push/id291720439?mt=8] — could your company benefit from better, faster, more integrated secure communication? BeeJive offers support for every IM protocol, voice and image transfers, notification optimization, and it won’t drag down your iPhone’s battery life in the process.
11. iDialog Pro [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idialogpro/id344337954?mt=8] — if your company uses Microsoft Lync 2010 or Microsoft Office Communicator 2007, you need this. Period.
12. LotusLive / IBM SmartCloud Meetings [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-lotuslive-meetings-for/id469406498?mt=8] — a full-featured presentation and sharing app that even lets you demonstrate software to teammates, all with airtight security.
13. Yammer [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yammer/id289559439?mt=8] — when it’s time for your company to deploy an internal social network, look to Yammer for the most enterprise-conscious communications features.
14. OpenScape Mobile Connect [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/openscape-mobileconnect-v3/id375082716?mt=8] — if your company needs a Fixed Mobile Communications or Unified Communications service, OpenScape is far and above the best.
15. Skype [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skype/id304878510?mt=8] — however, if you can sacrifice the enterprise-specific features of FMC / UC, good old Skype will do everything you need to communicate.
16. Oracle Business Indicators [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oracle-business-indicators/id284793704?mt=8] — a seamless part of Oracle’s Business Intelligence Suite, OBI gives you crucial real-time performance metrics and business intelligence alerts.
17. Leapfactor Business Indicators [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/business-indicators/id367729917?mt=8] — if you’d rather build your own system, Leapfactor’s metrics push app gives you more personalization.
18. Concur Mobile [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/concur-business-travel-expense/id335023774?mt=8] — keep receipts and all other expenses updated, synced, and organized from your iPhone, and even generate reports for the company.
19. Intuit Online Payroll [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/online-payroll/id398106780?mt=8] — Intuit is an accounting byword, and the iOS app allows perfect synchronization of all payroll tasks.
20. PAYware Mobile by VeriFone [https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/payware-mobile/id347863505?mt=8] — If your business processes credit card transactions, you already know VeriFone. If you’re just beginning to take payments, PAYware Mobile lets you do it all right from your iPhone — no additional devices or setup necessary.
With 50 amazing business apps under our belt already, you’d think that we’ve scraped bottom. But in truth, the iOS app ecosystem is still packed with apps that we haven’t yet described (and in some cases, haven’t even seen yet). If you’ve discovered an app that has become crucial to your company or to your personal productivity, let us know — perhaps we’ll assemble enough for a third installment of our series.
Dwayne Thomas is a tech enthusiast and staff writer for cabletv.com. He welcomes your feedback on Twitter @DwayneThomas15.