Like my blog? Sign-Up for a FREE newsletter! OR Give a ‘Like’ to my FaceBook Page
In today’s economy saving money is paramount. For businesses especially, cutting costs where possible is important. If you are looking for ways to save on your business expenses you can begin with your energy costs. There are many ways to save on energy prices and most businesses have no idea of how to effectively cut these costs. Here are the best 5 ways to save on energy costs for your business.
1. Check your office equipment. If you are using office machines that are not energy efficient, it may be worth your while to replace them. The overall cost of replacing equipment will be offset by the savings that you will see on your energy bills. You should also ensure that your office equipment is turned off and even unplugged when you leave for the night.
2. Check your thermostat. By turning down your thermostat just one degree you can cut your energy costs by as much as 10 percent. You can just imagine how much this 10 percent means in cash at the end of the year. Your employees are not likely to notice the change in temperatures and it will substantially lower your electricity bills each month.
3. Think about motion sensors. Rooms that are not in use should not have lighting and other appliances on. When you install motion sensors you can ensure that these rooms remain energy use free when they are not in use. The sensors will trigger lighting to come on as someone enters and will turn those lights off again when the last person leaves the room.
4. Choose more energy efficient lighting. Incandescent bulbs may have been the norm for businesses a few years ago but today, compact fluorescent light bulbs are in. These bulbs use up to a third less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs so you will notice a huge savings in your electricity bills.
5. Finally, shop around to ensure that you are getting the best rates. You may have several energy providers from which you can choose so take your time and ensure that you are getting the absolute best rate that is available. If you feel that you are paying more for electricity or gas than you should, take some time and compare a few companies to see if you can lower your usage rates. Comparing rates is the best way to ensure that you are getting the lowest possible cost for your energy needs.
This article was written by Electricity Prices, comparing the energy market to bring you the best deals. Visit here for more information.